Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Hey Everyone!

Hey everyone, I've missed blog land so much!!!! How is your week going? I figured I had better get some pictures up and a post because I have friends calling me like crazy asking if they need to bring me food because something is obviously wrong. lol Thank you my crafty friends I love all of you so much. No nothing is wrong. I have just been productive in other ways. I've really been changing my "scrapbooking" space into a studio. I realized I just love paint and glue and fabric and and and lol sooo much that I cant deem it just a scrap room anymore. So my hubby has been helping me get my studio into a dream studio. It is so amazing and I am lovin the vintage feel of the room. I'll post pictures as soon as it is complete or nearing completion. It is so peaceful in there. With that said I have crafted but no cards or cricuts being used. You all want to see what I've been working on?
This is one of my most favorite projects ever! Okay I say that but I have a project coming up on Thursday for McMahon Five Design that I am SOOO in love with its not even funny. But either way, this is a magazine purse that I made. WOW it took a while because you have to make the paper sturdy but after that PROCESS lol then it was just fun. And I've already received some requests to make a few which I'm totally excited about!
 Next up is a bookmark I made for the Music Monday challenge but that was last week and I never got around to posting it! Ah it happens to the best of us lol. I distressed it and used some new techniques that I've been playing with and stamped it up with a butterfly stamp. LOVES.
This bookmark has a fabulous story.
 A new awesome friend of mine Julie Wasson who is a close to my heart consultant sent me this FABULOUS and I mean FABULOUS stamp set. I think I'm in LOVE with Close To My Heart stamp sets now. Wicked awesome. Its called Flower pot D1409 if you don't have it, you should get it. I'm not just saying that, it is uber awesome. She also sent me four mini ink pads that I used on this bookmark; hollyhock, sunset, Indian corn blue and desert sand. I think I would have been in love with these colors regardless but because they remind me so much of the beautiful desert I live in, but I just WOW love them. I'm going to have to get the bigger pads soon. I hope they have reinkers. I really need a catalog lol.
You can't really see it too well in the pictures but I stamped the images with the color that I wanted and then I used a water blender to basically watercolor in each image. Then I used glossy accents to cover each flower so that they look dimensional I love glossy accents. ;)

Just an update of whats to come:
Thursday I will have an AMAZING project for you all featuring McMahon Five Design digis.
Friday I have a SUPER awesome altered item ready for Pink By Design
and
I will be guest Designing all next week for Peachy Keen Stamps so please don't forget to come on over daily to see what I've made. ;) Oh and yes there will be some goodies.

Also let me announce the winner for the Cooking with Cricut blog hop. Random.org chose number 18 and that is...

Blogger gham said...
Thanks for participating in the blog hop. I loved looking through your blog. I am looking forward to seeing future projects from you. I have some questions about the "Stamp of the Month club". I will email you those.
Hugs,
Gail
Gail please contact me asap so that I can get your cut file or digi sent to you! ;)

Thanks everyone for stopping by ;)

6 comments:

  1. Okay, that bag is so fun. Are you planning a tutorial at all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in LOVE with that bag! Any chance share how to make one? Glad to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bag.....bring it on!!!!
    Cathy
    catscraftycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like what you did with the stamps and inks. Love how you colored them in. Glad you liked everything

    ReplyDelete