Friday, May 30, 2014

Paper Piecing By Nikki and Peachy Keen

Hey beautiful crafters! I haven't posted anything in a 15 days so I thought it was high time I get something put up here. I have been enjoying the kiddos and them being home soo much this first week of summer! I've also got a huge laundry room redo going on. I'm trying to make my laundry room more functional ha! I HATE LAUNDRY. Honest we are nemesis's. But it has to be done and more than I'd like since we are a family of 5 now a days.

Either way I had the chance to play with some paper this week and I LOVE this project so much. Here is what I ended up making with a file from PPBNdesigns. I signed up for the monthly subscription and I get the daily file (.50) for free as well as 40% off all other files. It really is a great deal. Either way here is my project using a member exclusive file that I cut last week and assembled into a card this week...



Here's a list of What was used:
Cameo- Cute mermaid
Ink- Stazon black
Embellishments- sequins, and My sister and I made those awesome beads out of pony beads. I'll give directions down below! ;)
Stamps- Cartoon Bombshell Faces (Seriously stinkin' adorable)
Tools- Oval dies (Stampin' Up!) Wobbles
Paper- Cosmo Cricket (I think)
Adhesive- ATG and Tombow mono adhesive

So sis and I made pony beads into pearls! We bought two packs of pony beads at walmart for 1.99 each. The bag comes with about 150 beads or more. Place your pony beads on a nonstick mat. We used Tim Holtz (Ranger) non stick mat. Then place them in the over @375 for 15 minutes. Take them out and viola you have some yummy pearls and you didnt pay an arm and a leg for them. ;) They dont always come out perfectly round but ah I'm not that picky. Have fun with 'em.



Happy crafting yall!





1 comment: