Friday, November 14, 2014

I can do WHAT with a square?

Hey beautiful crafters! 

My first love is yarn and I've read a TON of books on knitting and crochet pretty much all my life. I have to say Knitting Block by Block by Nicky Epstein takes the cake. Let's look past the title for a second and just dive right into the content. WoW. There are techniques in here that will show you simply how to do every stitch and design you've ever imagined. The cabling projects are so beautiful and there are pages upon pages of designs I've never laid eyes on before. 

The only thing I wish had more detail and explanation would be Chapter 3. Creative Colorwork. I'm pretty terrified of color changing midway through a project as I've yet to undertake the Fair Isle technique. The directions given in this section are more so for the experienced knitter not the novice. The majority of this section is graphs so if you know how to use them great on you, otherwise you may be lost like me in this particular section. 

Outside of Chapter 3, I would highly recommend this book to ALL knitters particularly beginners. The reason being that once you purchase this book you won't need much else for quite some time. You'll be able to make beautiful pieces for gifts and around the house. Add in the fact that your pieces are mobile and can be complete fairly quickly this is also great for Knitters like myself who are instant gratification crafters! I'm currently working on a cowl using a few of my favorite squares from the book. Who knew you could do so much with a square! I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review. All opinions and views are my own unbiased sentiments. 


Hugs and Creative Blessings,
Raven

P.S.---> Here <---is a="" continue="" cowl="" currently="" href="http://instagram.com/ravenb28" i="" ll="" m="" of="" on.="" on="" picture="" pictures="" post="" target="_blank" the="" to="" working="">Instagram
until it's complete if you'd like to take a peek. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment