Sunday, December 14, 2014

Book Review~Gramma Nancy's animal hats~Fabulous Book

OH MY GOODNESS...I love this book! I've been crocheting Animal hats for some time and I just love it. This book gave me new ideas for faces and new techniques to use while I have fun knitting. I still think I will use my base of crocheting the hats but the faces will definitely be knit now with these adorable techniques. 

I have to say the techniques for gloves and socks (booties) were my absolute favorite. The elephant socks are too stinkin' adorable and I want to make everything therein this book. I'm officially a fan of Gramma Nancy's now and her wonderful creativity when it comes to knitting!

The only negative to this book is the recommendation to hot glue pieces and stuffing them with Styrofoam neither of which I think would be a good idea to a child's hat. Although I can think of some creative ways to pick up stitches and knit the pieces in. I wouldn't suggest hot gluing pieces that children will be wearing. Also, they may put the piece into their mouth as most children do so I wouldn't suggest putting Styrofoam either. I would definitely make some eyes out of yarn as well I don't think it's a very good idea to hot glue googly eyes onto a child's hat. Although, if you are making hats for older children this may be just fine. Hope that helps.

I highly recommend this book as it is my new go to book when I knit up faces for animal hat orders.


And for those of you who want to see the types of orders I've been making you can always take a peek at my instagram page as I've been posting most of them there. Here is an adorable Penguin I recently made.




No comments:

Post a Comment