Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Book Review~ Sketch! The Non-Artist's Guide to Inspiration, Technique,and Drawing Daily Life

I wasn't very optimistic about this book to be honest. Well because I'm not an artist. Well I use to say that! 

So I started at the beginning by reading the reviews and it seems as though it is a huge hit amongst other bloggers and book reviews. Yeah, I always read the reviews! So, when this little book came in the mail I was pleasantly surprised. Let me start off by saying I'm not very good at drawing. I love to draw and create things with my hands but drawing has never been my forte. So, I decided to give this book a fair chance by apply every technique and piece of advice available from page 1 all the way through to the end. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised.

I wasn't sure I would be able to grasp all of the concepts but after going through it I would venture to say this book can be used by just about anyone. My 10 year old picked it up when it was on the coffee table and started drawing immediately. She has always been good with seeing something and being able to recreate it but the pressure and angle advise was so beneficial to her. Great read for artists and non artists of all ages and skill levels. Can I also add I loved all the illustrations!


I received this book from Bloggingforbooks.com for my fair and honest review. All opinions expressed are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment