Sunday, April 3, 2016

Book review~ Hairstyled by Anne Thoumieux

Y'all, are any of you super into hair and makeup? Yeah no, me either. I'm gonna be honest and tell you that I can rock a bun and sweat pants and call it good. But, I have daughters; gasp! Yup and one is just like me and the other, not so much. She is constantly watching YouTube videos and trying to figure out how to do new styles. Essentially I decided to request this book to review from Bloggingforbooks.com for her. It would be a win, win she could read it do her hair and the world would be at peace again and maybe I could get my ipad back. Well I was enthralled. I opened the book and learned quite a few things that I hadn't ever seen before. I'm all for easy and fast way to get ready and this book made some beautiful hair styles look fast and easy. So of course I had to try them out because we've done a few hair styles in our home that were advertised as "fast and easy" but the phrase false advertising doesn't even begin to cover it. We were able to mark pages that we wanted to go back to and flip through in the morning before school to get creative ideas. This book is so great and I love the example pictures. 

Negatives: Some of the hairstyles don't show the front of the hair. That is so difficult for me because I have a hard time figuring out how the front is suppose to look. I know that could sound really silly to some people but I'm a visual learner and so this isn't helpful to not see the front. Often times I will just ignore or skip the hairstyle all together if it doesn't have a picture of the front of the hair. :/ 

Positives: I personally have curly hair. It's not the easiest to find cute curly hairstyles and this book did focus on curly hair. Having it's own section made it easy to bookmark so that I can easily go to that section. I do straighten my hair on occasion so it was nice to see all of the straight hairstyles as well; it was a good balance. 



Great table book as well. I'm grateful to bloggingforbooks.com for being able to receive this book for my honest review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment