Monday, January 6, 2014

Hand Warmers~DON'T FREEZE!!!

Hey beautiful crafters! I know some of you are freezing today! It's not too cold here but it did get pretty bad last night. In some areas kids are home today and they have already called it for tomorrow too. This is one brutal winter. I still kinda love winter though. ;)
So today I'll share something to keep you (or your kiddos) warm...

Yup hand warmers! I simply love them. I just cut two pieces of fabric the same length and width. Cut out the mustache using the die from the What's Growing On? Stamp Set and used it like an applique. Then on the opposite side I stamped "I mustache you a question..." Its from the same stamp set. Then I sewed the bottom and sides together and then flipped it right-side out. Filled it with rice about 1/2 full and sewed up the top.

If you are going to make these I suggest washing your fabric first. To get them warm (and to stay warm) you will place them in your microwave for 30 seconds. This will keep them warm for about 1.5 hours. However, if you don't wash your fabric first they will smell like the store you bought your fabric from. ;) Also, if you want an extra yummy scent drop a few tiny drops of lavender oil in with the rice.

Have fun and keep warm!!!!
Hugs and Creative Blessings,
Raven

3 comments: